Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

Just a quick note today to thank all of those who are, or have served our country.  Especially, my dad, and my father-in-law.

Also, we are on a short trip to Las Vegas this week, celebrating the 75th birthday of our best friend's mom.  Crazy day in Vegas, as it appears everyone is here for a birthday or a wedding!

One of the cooler things about this trip is the runs I did yesterday and this morning. Great temps for running, and another good friend from Seattle (who also recently took up running) joined me for both runs.  I normally run alone, so it was fun to have some company and someone to chat with. Also, living and running at 8500+ ft elevation, it feels so great to run below 2,000 ft and enjoy the extra oxygen!

Ended up doing a 5k each morning, and the first time I've run two consecutive days in my sandals.  I've pretty much worn them everywhere around Vegas, crazy looks or not.  I also discovered that they performed well on the Zipline ride down Fremont Avenue! I will however put on actual shoes for the birthday celebration tonight :-)

Here's a video from the Zipline ride down Fremont Ave, where we happened to see Jesus, Spongebob, and Elvis together!

Have a great weekend!!


There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open."   - Nike





No comments:

Post a Comment

I live for comments.. so leave one! Thanks!