Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's Up Wednesday?! Go for the BURN!

This doesn't pertain to anything.. I just like this pic.. :-) Credit: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1exvwx/sea_is_for_cookie/


Hey... it's already "What's Up Wednesday?!" again!  Wow.. that week went by fast...  but I intend to keep up with a weekly post of incoherent ramblings for those of you with nothing better to do ;-)



Eating:

Coming up on 4 weeks of going grain free.  It hasn't been easy, but it's manageable.  I think I miss GF toast or oatmeal the most at breakfast...  and sandwiches.   But otherwise, doing ok.  The chronic inflammation in my Achilles is slowly fading (which was the goal), so I think I'm going to keep going to see what improvements I can get.  Maybe after 6 weeks or so I'l reintroduce some GF grains and see how my body reacts... should be interesting.


Running:

I'm back into a fairly regular running schedule (4 days a week), with my goal of a second 1/2 marathon on Labor Day (American Discovery Trail).  So far so good... feels great to get back into a routine, and my Achilles has been cooperating.

Also, I have been having a terrific time with my new Ambassador role at INKnBURN!  I've met a lot of great people, and they are all so passionate about running/working out.. it is just a great group to be in.  AND, I got two new INKnBURN shirts to add to my running gear..  These shirts are just plain awesome..   not just the great designs, but the quality construction, fit, and performance.  And hand made in the U.S.A.   How could you not love them??  Ok.. I know I sound like a sales guy, but I only promote what I believe in, and I love this company.  The passion they put into their business shows in their products and their ambassadors! I hope I can live up to it.  Anyway, check them out via the link on the right banner up at the top of this post.. and take advantage of the "jefftoldme" discount!

Now... to decide which to wear for my upcoming races!


Speaking of races.. look what I drew for a bib number for Saturday's 5K!  I'm going to call it lucky 13.. we shall see :-)



Life:

Life is good...   (they should put that on t-shirts!)   Although it certainly seems that summer has just flown by, and it's been a bit hectic, I have to be thankful for my health, family, and friends.  I try not to take any of those for granted.  The school year is rapidly approaching, but I think we still have some opportunities to squeeze some more fun out of this summer before then...   hope you can too!

Have a great week!

Jeff
http://barefootinclined.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I live for comments.. so leave one! Thanks!